The volunteer tutors at Salusbury World provide English language lessons to migrant or refugee adults who are learning English language skills that are necessary for living in the UK. Tutors will prepare lesson plans and create appropriate materials to meet the students’ speaking, listening, reading and writing needs.
- To deliver regular ESOL lessons
- Prepare appropriate lesson plans and materials for the lessons.
- To provide support to students in ESOL lessons under the direction of the Salusbury World ESOL teacher
- Provide regular feed back to Salusbury World.
- To keep record of students’ attendance.
Skills and Knowledge
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Fluency in English (CELTA/ TEFOL desired but not necessary).
- Strong desire to work with refugees and different migrant communities.
- Being punctual
Minimum commitment of 1-3 hours a week for three months.
Support & supervision
The volunteer will be managed by an appropriate member of Salusbury World staff and be given regular supervision.
The volunteer must undergo a DBS and reference checks, at Salusbury World’s expense.
Salusbury World will reimburse travel expenses to and from the school where the volunteer is teaching, upon production of proof of expenditure.