- To deliver regular ESOL lessons
- Prepare appropriate lesson plans and materials for the lessons.
- To provide support to students in ESOL lessons under the direction of the Salusbury World ESOL teacher
- Provide regular feed back to Salusbury World.
- To keep record of students’ attendance.
Skills and Knowledge
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Fluency in English (CELTA/ TEFOL desired but not necessary).
- Strong desire to work with refugees and different migrant communities.
- Being punctual
Minimum commitment of 1-3 hours a week for three months.
Support & supervision
The volunteer will be managed by an appropriate member of Salusbury World staff and be given regular supervision.
The volunteer must undergo a DBS and reference checks, at Salusbury World’s expense.
Salusbury World will reimburse travel expenses to and from the school where the volunteer is teaching, upon production of proof of expenditure.